MORE about duplicate songs when importing to Media Library

Howzit....Whatzit...what tha...? How to tune up, and keep your QUP Karaoke Engine humming along. Search this Forum to find others who have driven down your road and have advice and tips to help you out.
Post Reply
Florida Man
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:21 am

MORE about duplicate songs when importing to Media Library

Post by Florida Man »

OK, the FIRST post was duplicates created by having .ogg AND .mp3 files in the same source folder. Solved: Delete .ogg files from source folder, reload and rescan.


THIS time it is from different source folders.

I am sourcing songs from all over. MANY duplicates, understandable.

I used a program ( https://www.mediachance.com/renamerx/index.html ) to edit all the file names. Removing stuff like "" (ZonkerKaraoke) "" from the end, or a prefix of "SCD2T3" from the beginning.

Basic housekeeping. :D And I started loading them into the MEDIA LIBRARY. And sure enough, found a dupe quickly. 'Love Shack' had two entries - one with an artist 'B52's' and the other artist 'B' .... cause the filename was B-52 WITH a hyphen. Thats understandable, to the program it was a different artist. The '-' messed it up.

But then I noticed this:
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (6).png (173.39 KiB) Viewed 2 times

Alice in chains. Check my brain. TWO of them, one without length. I figured that it needed a deep scan. That screenshot is taken during the deep scan.


Didn't work. STILL had the dupe with no length.

So I right clicked on the top file.... and it STILL had the "" (ZonkerKaraoke) "" after the title name. WTF??? Check the file name, NO (ZonkerKaraoke).

Checked the other file, and there is the prefix of "SCD2T3" on the title. Huh. NOT on the filename in the folder.

THEN I see the small print in the 'Check Metadata' box - MP3 - Edits file tag and library. FILE TAG. Not file name.

So.... went ahead and opened up MP3tag ( https://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html ) been using it for years. It ignores the .cdg files, and only loads the .mp3's

Loaded the first folder... sure enough. ALL the MP3 tags still had the "" (ZonkerKaraoke) "" on them!! So I removed it.

Second folder, same deal. ALL the MP3 tags title still had the "SCD2T3" prefix. Removed it.

Removed both folders from the MEDIA FILE FOLDERS and said YES to removing then from MEDIA LIBRARY also.

Reloaded both folders, and deep scanned.


YES!!!!! No dupe. And still 3514 songs in the library.
Screenshot (8).png
Screenshot (8).png (132.72 KiB) Viewed 2 times

SO...... When loading songs sourced from multiple locations, BE SURE to change the file names AND the title in the MP3 TAG.

Apparently (?????? ) the MEDIA LIBRARY uses the MP3 tag, and not the file name to detect dupes.


At least thats the conclusion I came to. Open to correction.
Post Reply