When deleting from the Media Library, after asking if you want to delete from library, it asks if you want to delete from disk.
YES is highlighted, and if you just hit 'ENTER' in a beer induced haze, BAM. They are gone. Very effective.
But for the users that are indulging in adult beverages and/or other KJ delights, this feature can be a challenge, as you now have to replace the tracks on the disk.
LUCKY for me, I am used to indulging in adult beverages and/or other KJ delights.
So I used the 'music' file on the OS disk for the songs, copied from the external drive. WHEW!!!
I then delete, then add the folder in the MEDIA FILES FOLDER in Config and scan. No harm done.
I am VERY used to operating indulging in adult beverages and/or other KJ delights.
But if others load DIRECTLY from external storage, and did this, they would be searching the interwebs for the source to download the files they just deleted.
Can the default selection for "remove songs from disk" be changed to "NO" from "YES" to protect others that may be indulging in adult beverages and/or other KJ delights from deleting files from the disk when not really desired? And we just hit "Enter" like a medicated monkey?
More of an operator issue than a program issue, I DO REALIZE, but if it is an easy change it may save someone angst and frustration in the future.