Page 1 of 1

Duplicate Songs when importing

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 12:13 pm
by Florida Man
Well, figured it out and thought it might help others that are 'sourcing songs from the web.

The download that I got had .mp3 and .oog files for the music. Many dont have the .oog, so I ignored it.

Bad choice. made two instances of each song in the media library.

Deleted all the tracks from the Media Library ( left click on any track in library >CRTL+A > right click > delete songs from database > YES to remove selected.... ) Then a pause while it does so. THEN it asks if you want to delete form the disk. :shock:
IF they are junk, YES. IF you just have to edit and try again, NO.

I f'd up and said yes the first time, when I just had to edit. Re-downloaded the folder.... D'oH!!!

So I went to the folder, organized by file type, and deleted all the .oog files. Imported the folder again, and YES!!! No dupes.

Hope this saves someone some frustration.

Re: Duplicate Songs when importing

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 12:24 pm
by Florida Man
I found a way to reduce download size and avoid this problem.

The site that I got the songs from offers MANY download options.

At the bottom of them was

download 1172 Files
download 395 Original

SHOW ALL

And I had downloaded 1172, not knowing what I would really need. Didn't want to come up short!

When I had to re-download the folder, I used "395 original".

They were primarily .MP3 and .CDG files with a couple others, but no .OOG . YES!! Quicker, smaller download and they were imported with no dupes.

So if I had downloaded ONLY what I needed, editing the folder before importing is not necessary. Live and learn.