Page 1 of 1
File Name format(S) and media importing
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:44 am
by Florida Man
mmmmmmm.... that fresh forum smell. Thanks for setting up a forum!!!!!
Exploring the software, checking out menu's and features.
The tutorial that came up for adding songs is very helpful.
It came up when I started, and I found that I can right click in any of the display window headers > help > show me how to import media.
EASY!! But... always a but here, right?
Having all the track format selections there ( IE: \disc\track - artist - title.ext) is handy, but I have a bunch of tracks I sourced from around the web, many with different formats.
Example: " Wiggles, The - Drinking Beer Alone [Z Karaoke].mp3 "
Using " \ARTIST - TITLE.ext " returns "" Drinking Beer Alone [Z Karaoke] "" as the title.
Is there a template to cut [Z KAraoke] from the end? Or possibly a file management feature in the program I have yet to locate?
TIA!!!
Re: File Name format(S) and media importing
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 2:55 pm
by toqer
https://www.mediachance.com/free/renamer.htm
Try that one out. I used to use it, it's a renamer that works like a text editor. If you think that's a good way of doing it, I'll add something like that to the file mgmt plugin.
Re: File Name format(S) and media importing
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:32 pm
by Florida Man
Thanks for the reply!
I will look into it this evening, in for a late lunch.
I was going to try
https://www.mp3tag.de/en/ , I have used it in the past for MP3 tags, and it is VERY user friendly for that. I have no idea if it would even 'see' the cdg files, however.
Re: File Name format(S) and media importing
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:24 am
by Florida Man
toqer wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 2:55 pm
https://www.mediachance.com/free/renamer.htm
Try that one out. I used to use it, it's a renamer that works like a text editor. If you think that's a good way of doing it, I'll add something like that to the file mgmt plugin.
Apparently replaced by
https://www.mediachance.com/renamerx/index.html
Re: File Name format(S) and media importing
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:13 am
by Florida Man
The replacement for the program you suggested is GREAT!!
But you are on your own to learn how to use it. Help file is *worthless* (just an 'about file) but that might be 'trial version' limited? Anyway, DONT depend on it for help.
Pretty dam intuitive to use. Figured it out in minutes.
Highlight the text you want to affect in the right hand box.
In my case, [ZKaraoke] on the end of every title.
Click on edit> find
Find/replace window pops up
The text you highlighted is already in the top box.
Put whatever you want to replace the highlighted text with into the bottom box. (in my case, leave it blank to remove the text)
Click 'Replace All'
A popup informs you of success!!! (Or maybe errors? None for me)
Click
APPLY in the upper right.
A popup informs you that Files are going to be changed.
Click proceed.
ALL FILES ARE CHANGED.
Awesome.
$29.99 worth of awesomeness?? for lifetime access? IMO YES.
Thanks for the guidance.
Re: File Name format(S) and media importing
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:09 am
by toqer
I was gonna make something similar in QUP, I've used his renamer for years, I agree it's great

But bug fixes and LAN mode are cooking atm

Re: File Name format(S) and media importing
Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 3:00 am
by Florida Man
As a footnote, I have since found out that the MP3 TAG is important also to the program.
When you change the FILENAME the mp3 TAG TITLE is unchanged.
So be sure to use a favorite tool (I use
https://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html ) to edit the mp3 TAG TITLE also!!!! The program appears to use that to detect duplicate songs in the MEDIA LIBRARY.
OR so this n00b guesses...

it did solve my dupe issues from multiple sources.