File Name format(S) and media importing

Howzit....Whatzit...what tha...? How to tune up, and keep your QUP Karaoke Engine humming along. Search this Forum to find others who have driven down your road and have advice and tips to help you out.
Post Reply
Florida Man
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:21 am

File Name format(S) and media importing

Post by Florida Man »

mmmmmmm.... that fresh forum smell. Thanks for setting up a forum!!!!!

Exploring the software, checking out menu's and features.

The tutorial that came up for adding songs is very helpful.

It came up when I started, and I found that I can right click in any of the display window headers > help > show me how to import media.

EASY!! But... always a but here, right?

Having all the track format selections there ( IE: \disc\track - artist - title.ext) is handy, but I have a bunch of tracks I sourced from around the web, many with different formats.

Example: " Wiggles, The - Drinking Beer Alone [Z Karaoke].mp3 "

Using " \ARTIST - TITLE.ext " returns "" Drinking Beer Alone [Z Karaoke] "" as the title.

Is there a template to cut [Z KAraoke] from the end? Or possibly a file management feature in the program I have yet to locate?

TIA!!!
toqer
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2026 3:30 am

Re: File Name format(S) and media importing

Post by toqer »

https://www.mediachance.com/free/renamer.htm

Try that one out. I used to use it, it's a renamer that works like a text editor. If you think that's a good way of doing it, I'll add something like that to the file mgmt plugin.
Florida Man
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:21 am

Re: File Name format(S) and media importing

Post by Florida Man »

Thanks for the reply!

I will look into it this evening, in for a late lunch.

I was going to try https://www.mp3tag.de/en/ , I have used it in the past for MP3 tags, and it is VERY user friendly for that. I have no idea if it would even 'see' the cdg files, however.
Florida Man
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:21 am

Re: File Name format(S) and media importing

Post by Florida Man »

toqer wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 2:55 pm https://www.mediachance.com/free/renamer.htm

Try that one out. I used to use it, it's a renamer that works like a text editor. If you think that's a good way of doing it, I'll add something like that to the file mgmt plugin.
Apparently replaced by https://www.mediachance.com/renamerx/index.html
Florida Man
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:21 am

Re: File Name format(S) and media importing

Post by Florida Man »

The replacement for the program you suggested is GREAT!!

But you are on your own to learn how to use it. Help file is *worthless* (just an 'about file) but that might be 'trial version' limited? Anyway, DONT depend on it for help. :lol:

Pretty dam intuitive to use. Figured it out in minutes.

Highlight the text you want to affect in the right hand box.

In my case, [ZKaraoke] on the end of every title.

Click on edit> find

Find/replace window pops up

The text you highlighted is already in the top box.

Put whatever you want to replace the highlighted text with into the bottom box. (in my case, leave it blank to remove the text)

Click 'Replace All'

A popup informs you of success!!! (Or maybe errors? None for me)

Click APPLY in the upper right.

A popup informs you that Files are going to be changed.

Click proceed.

ALL FILES ARE CHANGED.


Awesome.

$29.99 worth of awesomeness?? for lifetime access? IMO YES.

Thanks for the guidance.
toqer
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2026 3:30 am

Re: File Name format(S) and media importing

Post by toqer »

I was gonna make something similar in QUP, I've used his renamer for years, I agree it's great :D But bug fixes and LAN mode are cooking atm :(
Post Reply